St Anne’s is home to the Anglican Parish of Northland-Wilton, in the northern suburbs of Wellington. We seek to be the “church at the heart of the community”. This means we have a passion to see our local community of Northland & Wilton (and beyond) flourish. We are a small and growing parish, with an average Sunday attendance of around 40 people. This size gives us the opportunity to know and be supportive of one another.
Most parishioners have a high level of involvement, with a number of different tasks in and beyond worship that they are involved with. We endeavour to be inclusive and to use the gifts that people offer. We see ourselves as a local church, with a commitment to one another and to the wider community in our suburbs. Our Priest in charge, Reverend Paul McIntosh, seeks to be available to any in the community, regardless of whether there is any church affiliation. The church and its people are here to assist in your celebrations and crises, wherever we know there is a need.
Our restored and upgraded historic hall is available for use by the community.
The church is situated on the corner of Northland and Randwick Roads, on the edge of the Northland shopping centre. Parking is usually available on Randwick Road.
The present church building was opened in 1930 as the Methodist ‘Ward Memorial Church’. The hall, the first building on the site, was built in 1904. In 1999 the building was sold to the Anglican Parish and earthquake strengthening work was completed. The former St Anne’s church (nearby), built in 1904, is now a private residence.